Please provide as much information as you know at this time. If you need to provide more information and/or make updates, please resubmit the form.
Basler FBO Information
Each college or university will have a single account for all charges (fuel, maintenance, etc.). Tail numbers of the aircraft each college or university brings will be linked to their respective account. Have the following information ready to help set up an account:
- Expected Aircraft Tail Numbers and Type(s)
- Any special fueling instructions
- Billing Information
- Sales Tax Exempt ID (If applicable)
- Contact Person Responsible for Account
- Payment Information
*Note: Accounts need to be set-up prior to your arrival.
You may opt to be charged at the time of service or be billed upon departure. Those arrangements can be made upon request. Please also indicate upon account setup if you will need the receipt itemized per aircraft and whether or not you need all corresponding paperwork emailed.
NIFA requests that each school submit a copy of an insurance certificate by no later than April 30, 2023. We would like the certificate to include the entire time period your team and aircraft are at KOSH for SAFECON. Use the form below to submit a copy. If you would rather mail a paper copy, coordinate with Taylor Newman (https://nifa.aero/nifa/contact-us/).
All participating schools shall maintain an aircraft physical damage and liability insurance (occurrence based coverage) policy. With regard to aircraft liability coverage, participating schools shall maintain a liability limit with respect to each claim or occurrence of no less than USD $5,000,000.
Participating schools agree to provide NIFA with a copy of Certificates of Insurance, evidencing said aircraft hull and liability insurance coverage for aircraft to be utilized in the competition with a financially sound aviation insurance company. With regard to aircraft liability coverage, “NIFA, its employees and the NIFA Council” shall be included as an Additional Insured. If a participating school is unable to name NIFA as additional insureds in its policy, the participating school will provide NIFA an indemnity (in writing) backed by insurance.
EAA also requires to be named as additional insureds, “Experimental Aircraft Association, Inc., and for the purposes of this Agreement, EAA Aviation Foundation, Inc., and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, members, affiliates, and divisions” and that all schools provide primary insurance coverage and, further, shall include a waiver of subrogation and a thirty (30) day notice of cancellation.
Experimental Aircraft Association, Inc.
Attn: Risk Management
3000 Poberezny Road Oshkosh, WI 54902
Summary of specific items:
- Certificate Addresses: “NIFA, its employees and the NIFA Council” as well as “Experimental Aircraft Association, Inc., and for the purposes of this Agreement, EAA Aviation Foundation, Inc., and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, members, affiliates, and divisions”
- Naming NIFA as an Additional Insured
- Naming EAA as an Additional Insured
- A provision waiving subrogation. Sample language: Each party further agrees that such insurance carried by either of them shall contain a clause whereby the insurance company waives its right of subrogation against the other party.
- Liability limit of USD $5,000,000
Registration fee for each SAFECON contestant and advisor is $135.
Please complete registration payment for SAFECON here, either individually or for a whole team:
After payment, an email will be sent to the team advisor/coach asking them to complete registration by building their team in the NIFA Scoring Portal. To do this they need to have a NIFA account. Each person being added must be a current student member with their own NIFA account.