Landing Events Specifics:
- The pictures below depict the maximum authorized traffic pattern limits of a 0.75 NM wide downwind and a 1.25 NM final approach leg length. Flight outside these limits will result in a penalty. The “SAFECON 2020 Traffic Patterns” link is the source information that can be opened in Google Earth, including aerial tours of the patterns. Download and viewing of this file is highly recommended as well as viewing the pictures prior to arriving at SAFECON.
- Below are links to a safety review presentation containing detailed information on many penalties and document containing descriptions of all current landing penalties. Review of this material is essential to operating safely and should be reviewed by all competitors before arriving at SAFECON.
- Five (5) competitors from each school are permitted in each landing event.
- Only two (2) landings will be permitted, both will count for score.
- The traffic pattern altitude will be TBD
2020 Landings & Message Drop Heat Sheet
SAFECON 2020 Traffic Patterns (Will need Google Earth installed)