THE 99’S WOMEN’S ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
The Ninety-Nines, Inc. International Organization of Women Pilots is the sponsor of the Women’s Achievement Award given annually at the National SAFECON. This award signifies the Ninety-Nine’s historical support of the National Intercollegiate Flying Association and recognizes the recipient’s academic accomplishments, aviation involvement and community service. Three monetary awards may be presented.
THE MEN’S ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
The Men’s Achievement Award is given annually at the National SAFECON. This award recognizes the recipient’s academic accomplishments, aviation involvement and community service. Three monetary awards will be presented.
- Must hold at least a private pilot certificate.
- May not be a previous first place winner of the award.
- Must be a full-time student in good standing.
- Need not be from a school competing in the National SAFECON.
- Limited to one male and one female applicant from each NIFA member school.
- Candidates must complete the 2021 Achievement Award Application with two attachments:
- Letter of recommendation from an instructor or member of the faculty which speaks to academic accomplishments, aviation involvement and community service.
- Personal Resume’
- Submit the online application by 9:00 AM EDT, Monday, May 10, 2021.
- Be available for a virtual interview week of May 17-21, 2021.
- Candidates will be contacted by NIFA regarding specific interview appointments.
- All candidates will be interviewed by NIFA Judges. The applicants will be asked questions and judged in regard to their academic accomplishments, aviation involvement and community service. Financial need and career goals will be taken into consideration.
- Candidates will be scored on both their applications and the interview.
- Questions should be addressed to the Event Judge at: email@example.com
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Monday, May 10 2021 at 9:00 AM EDT
DEADLINE FOR SCHEDULING INTERVIEWS: Friday, May 14 2021 at 6:00 PM EDT
Please CLICK HERE to access the appointment calendar to schedule your Achievement Award interview.
Once you have read the above qualifications, please click the button below to access the application form for the Achievement Awards.
Scoring metrics are coming soon!
Anyone in aviation has had a flight instructor at some time or another. It is the baseline for all aviation activities. In this competition is assumed that The Best of the Best from your school will attend. Therefore, while it is an individual event and not scored toward the overall competition, it nevertheless reflects upon the excellence of your school.
To ensure proper preparation for this event, the topic and scoring metrics will soon be posted below for your use. Speech as well as content criteria will be included.
It is assumed that the applicant will be familiar with the Fundamentals of Instruction and the Aviation Instructor’s Handbook from the FAA. Additional presentation resources such as Teach Like You Fly and Lesson Plans for Teach Like You Fly by Arlynn McMahon are encouraged.
The session will be one hour long and the applicant is expected to teach per the ACS topic cited. If time allows two questions will be asked regarding teaching technique or learning theory. The ballot criteria is scored with one or two possible checks indicating done or excellently done. No check is given if the criteria is not performed.
55 hour student (your student) requests an endorsement for the long solo XC requirement for PPL. The student has recently re-soloed after 6 months of not flying as a result of the pandemic.Your student has only been flying in the pattern the last 3 weeks after being re-soloed. The weather is marginal and your student has been consistently pressing you to sign them off.
Task is to apply ADM, SRM, IMSAFE checklists and generate options.
Please CLICK HERE to access the appointment calendar to schedule your CFI Event. ***NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT SCHEDULE WITH LESS THAN 24 HRS NOTICE WITHOUT PRIOR APPROVAL FROM THE EVENT JUDGE***
Each NIFA member school may nominate their coach for the Coach of the Year Award. Teams need not be present at SAFECON to nominate their coach. Please download the scoring criteria for the Coach of the Year award and review those guidelines before submitting your nomination.
The Collegiate Aviation Progress Award is awarded to the most improved school at SAFECON. Please click here to view the scoring criteria for this award.