In order to publish Navigation Heat Sheets in a timely manner, we require teams to submit information for their Navigation aircraft by 11:59 PM CDT April 30, 2019. Only the authorized coach/advisor may complete this form. We will not be calling or emailing to verify your submissions! The link will only work for individuals registered as an Advisor or a Coach for the current year. If you cannot access the form, the link does not work, or you have a question about whether you are registered as an Advisor/Coach, please email the Senior Chief Judge at email@example.com.
We will be holding two categories for the Navigation Event this year, Traditional and Unlmited. Each school will still have a total of three (3) entries in the Navigation Event, but these entries may be split in any manner a school desires between the two categories. Please refer to the current NIFA rules for questions and eligibility requirements. If you plan to enter the Traditional Category, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the tail number of the aircraft you wish to fly and a picture of the cockpit clearly showing all installed equipment. The Senior Judging Staff will review that information for approval of the specific aircraft. There are now two forms that must be submitted, the Navigation Aircraft Information so we can build the heat sheet, and the Category Declaration so we can publish who is competing in which category.
- Please click the top button below and enter ONLY the aircraft you intend to fly in the Navigation event.
- Please only fill out the form once you are reasonably certain of which aircraft you intend to fly. N-number changes will be accepted, but TAS MUST remain accurate.
- With regards to your “Estimated Cockpit Preparation Time,” please try to be as accurate as possible. We will not force you to taxi if you are not ready, but that will negatively impact our ability to remain on schedule. If you over-estimate time, we may allow you to taxi early if adequate separation exists on your specific route.
- You MUST have at least 2 aircraft if you intend to enter 3 contestants. If only using 2 aircraft, whichever aircraft flies in heat 1 will then fly in heat 3. Please indicate this by placing a * after the tail number. (N123AB*) It is not possible to schedule any other way.
- Once the heat sheet is published, you MUST fly the TAS as published. Be certain when you enter the information, of what you will be able to fly. If you change aircraft after the heat sheet is published, you will have to fly at what ever TAS was assigned to that position. This is done to maintain safe separation and efficiency along the routes of flight.
- Please click on the second button to submit your declarations for the Traditional or Unlimited category. If you do not declare, you will be placed in the Unlimited Category.
Once you have read the above information and are an Advisor or Coach, click the button below to submit your aircraft information.
Navigation Category Selections
This spreadsheet updates in real-time(ish) as schools make their selections for Traditional or Unlimited Category in the Navigation Event.
Fueling locations are shown in the pictures below. There is orange duct tape on the ramp to denote where the two locations are. Plan to stop your aircraft for refueling with your nosewheel on the tee and your plane oriented according to the orientation of the parking tee. All navigation aircraft will join a common refueling line and will refuel at the first available truck upon reaching the front of the line. We are doing this to help expedite the refueling process this year.