Landing Events Specifics:
- The pictures below depict the maximum authorized traffic pattern limits of a 0.75 NM wide downwind and a 1.25 NM final approach leg length. Flight outside these limits will result in a penalty. The “SAFECON 2017.kmz” file is the source information that can be opened in Google Earth, including aerial tours of the patterns. Download and viewing of the .kmz file is highly recommended as well as viewing the pictures prior to arriving in Columbus.
- Below are links to a safety review presentation containing detailed information on many penalties and document containing descriptions of all current landing penalties. Review of this material is essential to operating safely and should be reviewed by all competitors before arriving at SAFECON.
- Five (5) competitors from each school are permitted in each landing event.
- Only two (2) landings will be permitted, both will count for score.
- The Traffic Pattern Altitude for the Power Off and Short Field Landing Events is 800′ AGL